Sunday, April 11, 2010

RYD has every democratic right to express his opinions

From Tusar N. Mohapatra tusarnmohapatra@gmail.com to aurosatya vrata satyavrata54@gmail.com date 11 April 2010 19:56 subject Re: Reg. ongoing discussion on Sri Aurobindo's Savitri  
Dear S,

I can understand your compulsion to sign a pseudonym and the reluctance to broach The Lives of Sri Aurobindo. But then you run the risk of not being taken seriously at all as you stand nowhere near RYD whom you accuse so profusely. Just repeating that the 1993 edition is “the most authentic version of the Savitri” doesn’t carry weight unless you produce your credentials as a scholar. Besides, as an author of a few books on Savitri, RYD has every democratic right to express his opinions. That you prefer to whine against them looks indecent as well as insolent and I expect respite on that front.

I didn’t quite get you as regards measuring and comparing of belief in divinity. I simply told about myself, and that is the only measure that matters. And, as far as sincerity “in finding answers” is concerned, it is, I think, subordinate to belief. That is where perhaps I disagree with you. Regarding Savitri, my suggestion is to take up half a dozen emendations initially and hold discussions on them, and let’s see what emerges. And for this no permit is required from the Ashram trust. [TNM] 

No comments:

Post a Comment