Monday, February 29, 2016
Supramental Manifestation that happened on February 29, 1956 is another great gift of The Mother towards Life Divine http://savitriera.blogspot.in/2016/02/study-of-past-is-only-stepping-stone.html …
Feb 28 Sri Aurobindo advocated World Union, a federation of free Nationalities and there is no reason why the same model can't be for Indian States.
Feb 28 Pygmies and puppets ruling the whole of India (under direct supervision of International mafia) from Lutyens' Delhi has become an absurdity.
Feb 28 The Constituent Assembly itself was a colonial legacy and today we must think our Republic anew in the TV, YouTube, Google, and Twitter age.
Feb 28 No aspect of our Constitution should be considered an inalienable holy cow except Democracy, the will of the people, as guiding principle.
Feb 28 Emotional connect of a person should be the underlying criteria for nationhood in the Internet era and not strict geographic considerations.
Feb 28 Politics in India till now has been to manage crowds and manipulate voters. Time now to treat people as citizens & trying to seek their will
23h 23 hours ago @gchikermane @peterheehs @UshyMohanDas [Luhmann: society consists not of actual people ... but rather communication] https://systemstheorysite.wordpress.com/2016/02/26/a-theory-of-society/ …
Amod Lele brings in MacIntyre.
Rod Hemsell speaks of Newman and Panikkar.
Robert McDermott focuses on Steiner.
Sri Aurobindo is Emergence.
7h7 hours ago @realitycheckind An advocate has the curious right to plead for both sides. So including some points of merit while critiquing would be nice
[To push Hindutva, you essentially have to kick the Indian Constitution in the face. ~Mitali Saran @mitalisaran] http://marketime.blogspot.in/2016/02/k-sankaran-beloo-mehra-and-mitali-saran.html …
"Curing all theoretical confusion and muddled thinking " on @LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/curing-all-theoretical-confusion-muddled-thinking-mohapatra …
All those concerned about human future must examine this unique experiment [Auroville was born on 28 February 1968.] http://www.auroville.org/contents/1
[Auroville: Pre-dawn bonfire, a special moment of meditation and communion - The Hindu] http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/puducherry/article8294035.ece …
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Although Sri Aurobindo spoke against AIT, no hesitation in accepting if current scientific investigation favours it. https://t.co/9RZ8bGbKGT
Without understanding role played by Sri Aurobindo, Lal-Bal-Pal project would be as an automobile with three wheels. https://t.co/Su6L5Y30ZP
@neelabh_neelabh Have you ever felt that Advani is actually repenting for the role he played which is taking BJP to fundamentalist position?
Neither Indian nor Western philosophy gives a complete explanation of life and the world. Even Sri Aurobindian ontology has shortcomings.
Following a sound philosophy is a must for preventing fall. Those fed on Hindutva hubris should ideally exercise caution and show humility.
Study of the past is only a stepping stone for building the future. Unlike Indians, the Westerners never concede their philosophy as final.
Apart from the philosophy they wrote, The Mother & Sri Aurobindo set up an Ashram & Auroville so that life there weaves its own Evolution.
All those concerned about human future must examine this unique experiment [Auroville was born on 28 February 1968.] https://t.co/FkO4wEcJLt
"Integral Management" paper presentation plus visiting several lovely locations in the vicinity of Nitte, Karnataka. https://t.co/syCh68oo5l
Friday, February 26, 2016
Current political situation in the country is volatile and tension is likely to escalate as Elections near. A central issue running through various controversies is religion which can confuse people very easily. The English media, thankfully, is acting as an interrogator for the ruling party but its approach is the same old Nehruvian/Marxist. Thus, it's the most opportune moment to push Sri Aurobindo's thought. But, unfortunately, an influential section of devotees is spreading dubious interpretation.
Be that as it may, as more and more people come to rely on Sri Aurobindo's emancipatory vision, at least, for theoretical purposes, the true import of his teachings will come to light. There should be no ambiguity as to who represents the fascist and anti-Evolutionary forces. Sugata Bose speech in Lok Sabha has earned him nationwide acclaim. But, the fight is long drawn and, hence, honing our ideological weaponry should be a priority.
The question of AIT has caused a vertical split in the Hindutva camp. Although, Sri Aurobindo spoke against it, current scientific investigation seems to favour it. So, we should have no hesitation in accepting what the erudite manasataramgini is proposing, in the absence of necessary competence to evaluate conflicting claims. [TNM55]
February 29 marks anniversary of manifestation of Supramental Consciousness on earth in 1956 announced by The Mother http://savitriera.blogspot.com/2016/02/philosophy-and-devotion-not-devoid-of.html …
Ramakrishna Das (Babaji Maharaj) worked unceasingly for popularizing teachings of Mother & Sri Aurobindo in Odisha. http://savitriera.blogspot.in/2009/02/babaji-maharaj-used-to-root-for-nama.html …
Marxists have employed all kinds of tricks to expand but have failed. Present RSS attempt to use Universities as springboard is sure to fail.
RSS dreams of a Hindu homogeneous India but Mythology, Astrology, and Rituals will continue to alienate the young and the educated from it.
Certainly a dreary prospect if all, from police to army to judiciary to lawyers to truck drivers, plan their next moves on Twitter verdicts!
Slender intellectual backing is the reason why RSS supporters whine all the time and accuse fellow citizens with epithets like anti-national.
Thanks to the JNU imbroglio, many Modi fans who were feeling disillusioned by his policies and tweeting adversely have returned to his side.
Choosing between Modernity and Mythology is no rocket science. Indians must weigh options on future trends instead of Rana Pratap, Shivaji.
Hindutva enthusiasts have stopped quoting Sri Aurobindo approvingly. The message has gone home that his legacy has become a New Religion now.
Don't be misled by the so-called Sanghi vs. Congi war that keeps Twitter warm. The pernicious effect of both factions need to be obliterated.
The Hindu Rashtra thesis of RSS is an affront to the Constitution of India and yet it accuses others of being anti-national. Such a paradox!
Just because many tweet in good English, they can't be trusted on the criteria of rationality and fair-play. Their RSS contagion prohibits.
Those under the tentacles of Mythology, Astrology, and Rituals won't clean up the history books. Expecting the same is absurd and hypocrisy.
Addiction to Mythology, Astrology, and Rituals plus the hypocrisy it spawns find their remedy in the Evolutionary dialectic of Sri Aurobindo.
The proposition is simple. Sri Aurobindo's thought should replace what the RSS, Congress, and the Left have been preaching all these years.
Sri Aurobindo has joined issue with Shankara and Sayana on their questionable interpretation of the Isha Upanishad and Rig Veda respectively.
Kowtowing to Marx, Mythology, or Dynasty mean the same thing: intellectual subjugation. Only Sri Aurobindo spurs adventure of consciousness.
Cunning spin [A most probable unstated and even unconscious influence on Dr Ambedkar could have been Sri Aurobindo.] http://swarajyamag.com/magazine/ambedkar-democracy-upanishads …
If Aravindan Neelakandan can show Sri Aurobindo's ideals finding reflection in Ambedkar, then it would be salutary. swarajyamag.com/magazine/ambedkar-democracy-upanishads …
Sri Aurobindo is to be understood in totality and not in snippets and in exclusion of the confusion perpetrated by his famous contemporaries
It's essential to understand where Sri Aurobindo is leading to is far higher than what Tagore, Gandhi, Rajaji, Radhkrishnan or Ambedkar want.
Twitter logo symbolises freedom to fly but the way RSS supporters go on parroting their pet themes is a sad commentary on human intellect.
Building a consensus that issues would be judged on merit and not how they suit some party is an intellectual burden over Twitter. Any one?
@maidros78 Please treat each individual independently irrespective of family, ideology, or religion. Scholarship must stick to basic norms.
@kuffir There are all kinds of brahmins. Your monochromatic interpretation of them is far removed from reality. Serves you for easy argument
@smarket @crazydiode Rating politicians using various criteria scientifically can be taken up as a serious profession like psephology.
A child: The Emperor is naked.
@sonaliranade @sistlajsr Instead of waiting for natural drift, proactive support for Sri Aurobindo can counter several ills besetting India.
To tether Mythology to political discourse is a RSS trap. Modern generation must be wary of such mischief perpetrated in the public sphere.
Even a scholar like Ambedkar had no idea as to how Sri Aurobindo brought refreshing readings of volcanic proportions into Indian tradition.
Sophie needs a book on The Mother & Sri Aurobindo: a short and simple narration of their life and philosophy [TNM55] http://savitriera.blogspot.in/2006/10/book-for-sophie.html …
6 hours ago - @Iamsamirarora Once you wrote a piece in the MF Newsletter alluding to Bollywood in a literary style. Do you preserve it? Fond memories!
1. manasataramgini.wordpress.com/2005/12/20/socio-genetic-stratification-of-india/ … and https://manasataramgini.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/a-note-on-some-recent-work-on-india-genetics/ … as well as this https://manasataramgini.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/nishada-s-and-shabara-s-of-jambudvipa-what-you-see-is-what-it-is/ …
www.rediff.com › News - TMC MP Professor Sugata Bose spoke eloquently on the topic of nationalism vs ... Prof Bose said, "It is, in Aurobindo's words, 'not an autocratic despotism but a ...
3. A most probable unstated and even unconscious influence on Dr Ambedkar could have been Sri Aurobindo. http://swarajyamag.com/magazine/ambedkar-democracy-upanishads …
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
One good thing about the Heehs' imbroglio is that a lot of aura surrounding the Ashram was busted. So much so that it's being seen just as a housing colony. The sooner we accept the realities of human nature, the better, especially long after the Masters' departure. A few points, however, need elucidation.
1. Residing in the Ashram is not synonymous with practicing Integral Yoga.
2. The rules for residing in the Ashram are not integral part of Integral Yoga.
3. Integral Yoga is not any fixed system as The Mother & Sri Aurobindo continued to fine tune it almost till the end of their lives.
4. Living in an Ashram is never a stipulation for Integral Yoga.
5. There is no psycho-physical practice involved in Integral Yoga.
6. Writings of The Mother & Sri Aurobindo are illustrative for all practical purposes. They are just pointers to possibilities.
7. Utility of their books is enormous apropos intellectual growth and protection from neo-religious marketplace.
8. Reading and recitation is the only form of practice which can be safely recommended.
9. Subjecting oneself to harsh measures for fast results should be avoided in Integral Yoga.
10. Modern lifestyle is not antithetical to Integral Yoga nor participating in politics.
11. Integral Yoga is 99℅ surrender and 1℅ tapasya. Not even 80:20 ratio.
12. Judging someone else on some prefixed notion of Yoga is roundly erroneous.
13. Each person has a unique destiny and he moves at his own pace.
14. Outward success or lack of it has no bearing on Integral Yoga.
15. Day to day happenings are part of human drama and their implications are in no way connected to Integral Yoga.
16. Art and culture are part of one's leisure and entertainment and expecting too much advantage for Integral Yoga from them is wrong.
17. Practice induces satisfaction, complacence, and superiority. Besides, the eventuality of a fall always waits.
18. The sunlit path of surrender is, therefore, the only recourse in Integral Yoga.
19. Accepting any Guru or Superior is prohibited in Integral Yoga as The Mother & Sri Aurobindo are always present in their Divine manifestation.
20. Conflicts and controversies offer many lessons on character building and crystallising of thought but no direct inference with regard to Integral Yoga.
21. The prison of gender perspective should guide against imposing too much of uniformity or impractical goals.
22. As each individual is wired differently, less common behavioural patterns should receive adequate sympathy.
23. Integral Yoga can include Nama-japa, if one is so inclined. Like breathing, it doesn't interfere with other activities nor draws attention of others.
24. Keeping away from Mythology, Astrology, and Rituals is a basic for Integral Yoga.
February 29 marks anniversary of manifestation of Supramental Consciousness on earth in 1956 announced by The Mother. https://t.co/w7JUYfAJ6G
Savitri Era of those who adore, Om Sri Aurobindo & The Mother.
- What if the worst has already happened? - A lot of people are rightly panicking about the prospect of a Trump presidency. I am one of them, more often than not. In this discourse, Trump is an absol...
- Savitri Study Camp Session #18, Part 2. From a life of riches to the simple forest hermitage, Book 7 Canto 1, pages 465-467 (SE 179) - SE 179 B7C1 pp 465-467, “From a life of riches to the simple forest hermitage”, Savitri Study with Alok Pandey from 22nd February to 28th February 2016, Sr...
- Beauty Interprets, Expresses, Manifests the Eternal | A blog inspired by the eternal words of the Mother and Sri Aurobindo. A search for the inner beauty of thought, emotion, action, soul.Why Nationalism? - A new post in Current Events Lately in India it has become fashionable among some self-styled intellectuals and their unthinking proteges and admirers to...
- Sampdas, Baikunth, and an "Irrational" Ashramite - committed to objective, academic, respectful and honest discussions OCT 25, 2015 The Bhishmacharya Complex – by A Concerned Ashramite The Ashram was not flus...
- Bireshwar Choudhury, Sridharan, Baikunth, and Sampdas - committed to objective, academic, respectful and honest discussions JUL 18, 2014 Reply to Manoj Das’s Letter to Niranjan Naik (2) – by Bireshwar Choudhury M...
- Understanding and Addressing the Relation of Purusha and Prakriti in the Material World - When we observe the relationship between the soul and Nature in the material world, we can relatively quickly determine that Nature rules and the soul appe...
- Sridharan, Banamali Mishra, Niranjan Naik, and Sripad Singh - committed to objective, academic, respectful and honest discussions NOV 1, 2013 Sridharan Replies to Arpit Agarwal of SAICE forum I would give more importan...
- Savitri Talks: The Book of Everlasting day: Savitri Talks - The Book of Everlasting day - Talk 4 (Part-3) - All light is but a flash from his closed eyes:An all-wise Truth is mystic in his heart,The omniscient Ray is shut behind his lids:He is the Wisdom that comes...
- India, Indology and Deep Colonialism (by Subhodeep Mukhopadhyay -Part 1)- INTRODUCTORY NOTE FROM MATRIWORDS Matriwords is happy to present this important 4-part series, written by Subhodeep Mukhopadhyay. I came to ‘know’ Subhodee...
- Philosophy and devotion not devoid of the warrior role - Hardik Patel, Rohith Vemula, & Kanhaiya Kumar signify inconclusive scrutiny of Individual vs. Community philosophies Sri Aurobindo initiated. JNU has a grea...
- Overman Foundation | India's only online research institute dedicated to the mission of Sri Aurobindo and the MotherThe Mother’s Photographs with the Early Inmates of Sri Aurobindo Ashram -Dear Friends, 21 February 2016 marks the 138th Birth Anniversary of the Mother. As our special homage to Her, some photographs of the Mother with the early...
- The Mother was born on February 21, 1878 - Large number of devotees throng Sri Aurobindo Ashram news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20160221/2799697.html - 3 hours ago - A large number of d...
- The English of Savitri Volume 2 - Like the previous book in the series, The English of Savitri Volume 2 is based on transcripts of classes led by the author at Savitri Bhavan, in this case ...
- Dialog between Science and Philosophy: a new event - The event, sponsored by the Indian council of Philosophical Research, Delhi, is scheduled to be held as a Discussion meeting in the Poornaprajna Institute ...
Monday, February 22, 2016
Hardik Patel, Rohith Vemula, & Kanhaiya Kumar signify inconclusive scrutiny of Individual vs. Community philosophies Sri Aurobindo initiated.
JNU has a great hand in nation building but, unlike American academy, it hasn't paid due attention to native philosophers like Sri Aurobindo
Hardcore Marxist Professors in America publish brilliant studies on religion and society but JNU can hardly boast of similar work on India.
Criticising the policies of RSS, Congress or the Left should be done on their current profile and not how they had acted 40 to 50 years back.
Intellectual culture and practicing rationality in daily life is the only way to evolve as a society and not getting drawn into tribalism.
If you really love the country, read Sri Aurobindo's books, try to understand him and decide how to proceed in your life or whom to support.
Intense sense of nationalism, patriotism, and ethical severity expressed here on Twitter are mere indicators of self-interest. Nothing more!
Transformation of human nature is a long term goal and collaborating with the ongoing Evolutionary forces is what Sri Aurobindo calls for.
The Mother & Sri Aurobindo have been fashioning an independent line of philosophy for India's progress since they met in Puducherry in 1914.
The Mother & Sri Aurobindo are the best safeguards against the intellectual corruption forced through RSS, Congress, the Left and Ambedkar.
Learning the philosophy of Sri Aurobindo and devotion to The Mother are core functions which trains for the warrior role of defending faith.
For Savitri Erans, philosophy and faith go together and it's such a blessing at a time when atheist and materialist movements are flourishing.
Some express displeasure at lack of practice on the part of devotees but the truth is nothing is better than faith, sincerity, and surrender.
When various political factions are out to spread conflict & unrest of different shades, Savitri Erans are firm in their faith & philosophy.
The high philosophy and intricate psychology of The Mother & Sri Aurobindo hold a very limited value; the extent to which one can live them.
Faith, on the contrary, helps to come out of the shackles of old religions and superstitions while holding out an alternative political path.
Pull of political power propels professing enormous intellectual dishonesty and the art of passing those off as highly honest and ethical.
That both the Marxists and the Mythologists are an utter failure in understanding how Sri Aurobindo imagines the future of India is so stark.
[Sri Aurobindo's SAVITRI auro-ebooks] https://t.co/QUFaklZsQE
@ChandrusWeb “One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.”
[HUA introduces course on Sri Aurobindo] https://t.co/DWdFpCvxlc
[nothing in all American literature has had a greater influence on our culture than Emerson's single essay "Self-Reliance"] Robert N. Bellah
[Manna Dey & Anuradha sing ''Raksme Jis Taraf'' in Odia Movie 'Bhakta Salabega' (1982); Lyrics: Gulzar] https://t.co/5Pp66EJitV via @YouTube
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Programme for The Mother's birthday celebrations on Feb 21 by different Centres should be widely publicised over SM. https://t.co/vJHXfYcKVX
Savitri Era Party @SavitriEraParty
@sarkar_swati RSS came into being mainly through Moonje and Savarkar and steered clear of politics as the latter was under oath to British.
@sarkar_swati The same situation was also faced by Sri Aurobindo earlier when he escaped to French India and desisted from active politics.
@UtsavBabel @Panipat_1761 Zeroing on the right goals is the most formidable task as Amod Lele is scratching his head
"Zeroing on right goals is the most formidable task" on @LinkedIn
Sri Aurobindo expresses the hope that the anti-romantic age would pass by when his poems will again be appreciated.
Episodes like Rohith Vemula and Kanhaiya Kumar show how the youth of the country feels alienated and need a separate parliament to vent ire.
Hindutva presence grew through religious mobilization and now is their chance to be sensitized on crucial political concerns like difference.
India's problems are many and deep-rooted which can't be solved by incremental designing. Sri Aurobindo provides the real lateral solution.
Savitri Era Party @SavitriEraParty
BJP may feel triumphant over the JNU episode in the short run but it signals a colossal disaster on the intellectual & Constitutional front.
Something like MT's desperation regarding AIT; said he can't expect everyone to follow highlevel science. RSS' political literacy is similar.
@navinjoshi1947 Punishing antagonists is reason enough for euphoria among fans and the overall signal of acting tough and teaching a lesson.
@navinjoshi1947 As far as my understanding goes the police and govt are not two independent bodies. Hope you are not joking or wriggling out.
Why students are being pushed towards Leftist ideology? Because RSS sells Mythology and Astrology instead of Sri Aurobindo's philosophy.
Savitri Era Party @SavitriEraParty
Indians must debate over the texture of nationhood after seventy years of Independence with maturity. RSS should come out of its juvenility.
Around half the people of India favour a Hindu Rashtra and the rest are dubbed as anti-Nationals. Thus, the future seems to be very simple!
Modi had an admirable record of running the country with a reasonable level of Constitutionalism and Democratic norms until JNU happened.
Left economic policies are wrong but not all their political stands. Similarly, present Congress leadership is anathema, not its policies.
People's choice is perhaps a more daring stipulation than freedom since it can go against the very integrity of the nation itself. Alarming?
JNU can be said to be drawing battle lines for 2019. Good, but there should be utmost vigilance against conceding any advantage to Congress.
Left scaffolding is essential to halt the RSS juggernaut as Modernity and not Mythology must dictate the future agenda. Yechury role crucial.
JNU episode offers BJP a fabulous opportunity to lunch an intellectual offensive based on Sri Aurobindo's worldview to thwart Left hegemony.
Everyone including journalists act for furthering self-interest. Those supporting free markets can't fault with self-interest as a principle.
Btw, by applying the Birth of the Reader principle, only those acting upon an objectionable slogan should be tried and not who raises slogan!
Savitri Era Party @SavitriEraParty
Setting up a Regulating authority for sanction of slogans before their use in public is also in order. Even TRAI or CBFC can handle this job!
The way Twitter has trained a large number of Indians in legal intricacies and security implications, the Jury System can be reintroduced.
@ramana_brf That also wrongly attributed to Voltaire. Unfortunately, people don't follow whoever is original!
@IndiLover1 Missing Sri Aurobindo's thought can prove to be the greatest misfortune as far as social/political/economic clarity is concerned.
The widest vision that the West has produced can be understood through Negri and Nagel but Sri Aurobindo stands head and shoulders above.
Mythology, Astrology, and Rituals drive people away from BJP & RSS without addressing which there can't be any sort of unity in the country.
@_Mauna_ Sympathy for human concerns can't be seen in black and white terms. Rather, inculcating such sensibilities taken up as a challenge.
I have the right to write
Good bad or worse
Poetry is foreign to me
I vote for the verse.
Tusar Nath Mohapatra (2001)