Thursday, October 06, 2016
Sri Aurobindo is closer to modernity than Dante
Knowledge accumulation is an ancient enterprise which refuses to cease. But after so much of scientific and philosophical advancement our understanding of the outer Universe as well as inner universe can at best be said to be rudimentary. The contributions of The Mother & Sri Aurobindo are an authentic source but it is difficult to recommend them for assured result. In that sense, they belong to the realm of metaphysical speculation or poetic imagination. That said, it's profitable to turn to their socio-political ideas and literary-cultural output for educational purposes. This has, especially, assumed urgency in view of the Hindutva menace that we discussed in the last post.
Mapping genealogical trajectories in Sri Aurobindo's oeuvre is a herculean task but highly rewarding and fertile field. That itself offers an intellectual journey around the world. Further, one finds him closer to modernity than say, Dante at whose time science was in infancy. Thus, Sri Aurobindo's relevance to current Indian scene is immense. Providing an alternative political ideology is still more potent than the pedagogical dimension. [TNM55]
www.indiaheritagedesk.com › the-iic-exp...22nd October 2016 at 11 am.
Sep 26, 2016 - Description: An exhibition about the history and contribution of the Asiatic Society and the knowledge and study of human civilization. The exhibition includes.
2. Date : 7th October, 2016 Venue : IGNCA Auditorium, C.V. Mess, Janpath, New Delhi Event : symposium on Ramanujeeyam : The World of Sri Ramanujacharya in collaboration with Sri Bhagvat Ramanujacharya Darsana Kainkarya Trust, Chennai and Sri Caitanya Prema Samsthana, Vrindavan.
This symposium is an attempt to review the life of the Indian philosopher and Theologian Ramanuja. The focus will be on Indian Thought and Sri Ramanuja’s contribution to Indian worldview. The themes and topics for the sessions will be a step towards engagement with the modern world and modern thought and also towards its assessment from an Indian perspective. Sri Ramanuja’s teachings and his contemporary relevance will be discussed. This one-day international symposium will be constituted of four sessions.
Viśiṣṭādvaita and Nyāya on qualities - Viśiṣṭādvaita Vedānta authors claim that the whole world is made of the brahman and that everything else is nothing but a qualification of it/Him. This the...
4. “Objects of Occlumency: An Inquiry into object-Oriented Ontology” seminar on Friday, 7th October, 2016 at 2.00 P.M.
5. Indian thought haunted Hegel, representing a sort of evil twin to his own philosophy. He did achieve two points of clarity in distinguishing his own thought from Indian philosophy: the first was to focus on freedom, and thus he railed perpetually against the caste system; the second was to indicate the necessity for dialectical, progressive mediation, and thus he spoke in contrast on the stasis of Indian thought. Hegel's India, Aakash Singh Rathore & Rimina Mohapatra https://t.co/vnSGbym6Ic
6. Hidden away in a green cover is the Aurobindo Bhavan, a two-storeyed bungalow with striking domes, canopies, parapets, large windows and entrance gates with piers. Story goes that the bungalow was constructed in 1932 by the Maharaja of Nepal for his sister Princess Rajalakshmi Aishwarya, who was married into the influen tial Rana family. Though there is not much documentation on this piece of real estate, uncorroborated sources state that the princess's husband was disallowed entry into Nepal si .. Read more at:
7. Integral Musings | Towards a Holistic Vision - The Roots of Race and Other Prejudices – M.S. Srinivasan - All the external “reformations” or “enlightenments” – social, political, cultural or eductaional – brings a certain amount of refinement to our surface conscious being but they don’t have much impact on these subconscious impressions. For example, every male, however broad-minded, enlightened, progressive, feminist on his surface mind, may have some residue of a raw, untouched chauvinism in his subconscious depths. These hidden subterranean prejudices can creep into our conscious mind or secretly influence our thoughts, feelings, behaviour and actions.
www.universityofhumanunity.org › even... 21 hours ago - Philosophy and Psychology in the light of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, Vedic studies, On-line courses, Self- Study, Research Archives.
Savitri Immersion Workshop 2017 by Rod Hemsell in Belgium
Start: March 29, 2017, 9:00 am End: April 2, 2017, 9:00 pm
Venue: Tibetan Buddhist Institute BELGIUM
The conquest of death is in fact the primary aim of the Integral Yoga of Transformation, as we learn from the many volumes of Sri Aurobindo's philosophy of yoga, and from the Mother's Agenda. And Savitri is the mantric transmission of the will and force that are activated in this Yoga.
marketbusinessnews.com › universe-no-d...
Sep 25, 2016 - The Universe has no direction, it is not spinning or being stretched in any particular direction, and is expanding uniformly, says a team of scientists at University College London and Imperial College ...