Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Third Dream

 I have been drawn to different cultural domains at different points of time but any deep involvement or expertise in any has eluded me. This I treat as a blessing. The Mother, I remember, had written a letter to Sri Aurobindo on similar lines. However, the point is, I find myself free. Judging things without any prejudice or vested interest is an important privilege. 

A platform like Savitri Era Religion or Savitri Era Party offers that latitude, profusely. Like, on the issue of Bande Mataram, I can argue that what Sri Aurobindo wrote or said in a Colonial context can't be a guide in a democratic environment. Sensitivity towards the emotions of all sections of citizens is more vital than imposing majoritarian diktats. 

AIT is another contentious issue where I prefer status quo in the absence of conclusive evidence to the contrary. Thus, flouting Sri Aurobindo here becomes an academic necessity. Believing Devdutt Pattanaik is far more logical when he asserts that there is no historical evidence for the existence of Buddha. Therefore, I avoid the poetic and mystical aspects of Sri Aurobindo's teachings. 

The most concrete prediction of Sri Aurobindo pertains to World Union. Here too, I take the most extraordinary stand of granting Sovereignty to the States under a loose Federation for creating a nucleus for future expansion. Savitri Era Party (2007) has been campaigning for this possibility from the outset. https://x.com/SavitriEra - https://bsky.app/profile/savitriera.bsky.social


No comments:

Post a Comment