Friday, August 28, 2026

A distinct political alternative

 With Sri Aurobindo attaining Siddhi on November 24, 1926, the Ashram, under The Mother's guidance, came into being. This year happens to be its Centenary. This, obviously, is of immense significance for the future of the world. Collating content for a fresh post for Orchid and the rose, this morning, surprised me about the ideological confusion people are suffering from. The relevance of Sri Aurobindo, therefore, needs to be appreciated by all. 

The Ashram has been promoting the teachings of The Mother & Sri Aurobindo through two major routes. They are, Integral Yoga and Integral Education. Thousands of Centres are busy giving these ideals a practical shape. Enormous progress has been made. However, my observation, over the last sixty years, doesn't deem it to be satisfactory. It's because the formulations continue to be nebulous. 

I had launched Savitri Era Learning Forum (SELF) in 2005 but felt that merely intellectual approach is insufficient. Therefore, I started Savitri Era Religion, the next year in 2006, with a view to countering Hindutva. 2007 happened to be the Centenary of the famous Congress Split in Surat in which Sri Aurobindo had taken a leading part. So, I set up Savitri Era Party for providing a distinct political alternative. 

SELF Radar has 14 other blogs for diverse information and links than this Savitri Era, where I express myself. Not being a part of any ecosystem permits me to be independent and objective. But subject to my worshipping The Mother & Sri Aurobindo as the one Supreme Divine who are always present in their three poises: individual, universal, and transcendent. 

Nevertheless, I put forth all kinds of critical views and revisionary proposals in order to be in alignment with Democracy and Modernity. I take the line of not sticking to literalism and interpreting the words of The Mother & Sri Aurobindo, according to the situation. Avoiding the India-centric approach, for instance, has become a necessity for resisting Hindutva. https://x.com/SavitriEra - https://bsky.app/profile/savitriera.bsky.social


Misc. References:

1. Orchid and the rose

https://orchidrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/a-soft-sensuality-dressed-up-as.html

2. VIP VAK - SELF Radar

https://vipvak.blogspot.com/2026/08/self-radar.html

3. More posts by https://x.com/Kristof_Poland

https://vipvak.blogspot.com/2026/08/excellence-is-specific-offense.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment