Friday, March 25, 2011

The Mother at exam time

[How I discovered Sri Aurobindo and the Mother 
I joined AIIMS as an MBBS student in 1965, and spent 40 years there, almost without a break. Sri Aurobindo Ashram – Delhi Branch is less than 4 km from AIIMS, but it took me 27 years to discover this oasis of peace. And, it is not that I was blind to matters religious or spiritual. Before I went to the ashram, I had done a decent amount of study on these subjects, and had tried to construct mentally an ethical code by which I had tried to live my life. But being a rationalist, I had generally kept away from places of worship as well as any rituals or ceremonies. Anyway, I went to Sri Aurobindo Ashram for the first time in 1992 on a Sunday morning at 10 am for a satsang. The discourse was good, but what impressed me more was the cleanliness, order, punctuality, and the intense spiritual energy of the place. Moreover, there seemed to be no obvious or mandatory rituals, customs or dress code. In short, the emphasis was on what is within you, rather than on the surface. ]

There are several medical practitioners among the top erangelists and Dr. Bijlani is one. But having come to The Mother so late in life, he can't really be said to have lived Integral Yoga. Textual presentation of prescriptions with clinical precision is one thing, but the tale of relying upon The Mother during each ordeal and examination in life is quite another. [TNM] 

No comments:

Post a Comment