Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Twelve years with SELF

After a year of Pre-University in BJB College, Bhubaneswar, I joined Regional College of Education (now RIE, Bhubaneswar) run by NCERT for a Four year Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed course with Botany honours and Agriculture as vocational education, besides Statistics. It was really an integral atmosphere with students from all the Eastern States including undivided Bihar and teachers from all over the country. The library was a blessing which exposed me to a wide range of journals catering to diverse interests.

After one year as a science teacher in the same school in my village in which I had my schooling, I joined Punjab National Bank at Sundargarh as Agricultural clerk. The professional CAIIB exam gave the opportunity to study alien subjects like Commercial Law, Economic Geography, and Accountancy etc. apart from Management lessons imparted through in-house training. After 23 years in various capacities, I opted for VRS in Y2K and then these 12 years steering the SELF has been life-altering.

Since my schooling was in the Odia medium, grappling with English remains a stumbling block to this day. Further, dabbling in philosophy with the kind of educational background I have, would also seem hilarious. Nevertheless, whatever has been possible, thanks to Google and The Mother's Grace, is squarely amazing as well as humbling. [TNM55]

No comments:

Post a Comment