After completing the Four-year integrated B.Sc.,B.Ed. course with Botany honours from Regional College of Education, Bhubaneswar run by NCERT under Utkal University in 1976, I had joined as a Science teacher in Sailo Jharapada High School in my native village in Kataka District, where my own teachers became my colleagues. I met a couple of my students, after a gap of 50 years, during a visit, recently.
Although, I was a Science student, the subject of Education had introduced me to the world of Humanities. The paper on Child Psychology was quite interesting at that point of time. I had learnt similar things too from my acquaintance with The Mother & Sri Aurobindo. Rest of the awareness came from newspapers and magazines, fiction, or watching plays.
After one year of teachership, I joined PNB, initially, as an Agricultural Clerk since I had studied Agriculture as a part of vocational education in the college. Thereafter, I worked in various capacities till 2000, when I took VRS. Thus, I have acquired my own way of looking at things without being swayed by dominant narratives. Living in Odisha, West Bengal, UP, and Delhi also has given me diverse experiences. I haven't gone abroad except for a couple of hours, once, to Nepal. https://x.com/SavitriEra - https://bsky.app/profile/savitriera.bsky.social

No comments:
Post a Comment