Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Mother & Sri Aurobindo, to me, are god; I know of no other

Re: The Lives of Sri Aurobindo says Savitri is a fictional creation
by
Tusar N. Mohapatra on Wed 12 Aug 2009 12:44 PM IST Profile Permanent Link
[“This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism.” -Martin Luther King Jr. I Have a Dream, August 28, 1963]

There is one thing common between your and Heehs' approach: gradualism. Both of you dig out evidences of Sri Aurobindo's spiritual realizations that evolved over time. There are some disagreements over the details here and there, but you both believe, or that is what you present, that this linearity is fairly empirical.

I disagree. The Mother & Sri Aurobindo, to me, are god; I know of no other. Yoga is for us and not for them. History is for us and not for them. I hope I am clear. [TNM] Reply

by Tusar N. Mohapatra on Wed 12 Aug 2009 06:47 PM IST Profile Permanent Link

Every word of your comment is borrowed. The concepts are not yours. But if you start believing in them then it turns into faith or dogma. It clings to your personal prestige; or rather you cling to and repeat them.

I have c-o-m-e to believe in the divine manifestation of The Mother & Sri Aurobindo. The fact of their being on earth surpasses all their writings as well as biographical information. This is a rational faith in the sense that it serves my self-interest. So, I think, I can safely differ with you. [TNM] Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment