Thursday, July 30, 2009

Love & Death in desert

[Mike said... September 22, 2007 1:41 PM
As for Hegel, the Introduction (NOT the preface) to the Phenomenology of Spirit is a good place to start, probably after reading his early writing on "Love," which gives you a flavor of what he's working through (you can find the latter in The Hegel Reader). 6:20 PM]

[Jack Reynolds deals with the aporetic ambiguities in Derrida's thought between the irredicible difference of the Other and the raidcal singularity of the Other... I see Derrida's aporetic undecidability between the Other of difference and the Other of singluarity as the Vedantic tension between the Known, the Unknown and the Unknowable... In excavating this conundrum in his late work The Gift of Death, Derrida draws on the fertility of the Judaic story of Abraham's decision regarding the sacrifice of his son to God. Re: The Other of Derridean Deconstruction: Levinas, Phenomenology and the Question of Responsibility by Jack Reynolds Debashish Wed 29 Jul 2009 06:20 AM PDT]

[In this respect, Derrida opened my eyes in ways I will always be grateful for (as I will for the influential American deconstructionists I had the benefit of studying under), but once my eyes were opened, I didn't know what I saw. Nothing. A blank vista. A desert. //philosophy an eternal Easter egg hunt in search of shiny, cubed ovoids to be worshiped over red wine. anotherheideggerblog Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Interview with Ian Bogost]

[My basic perspective on technology is that it must be understood on many registers... As for Heidegger, I empathize with the idea that we can embrace neither technofetishism nor luddism... Here I find McLuhan's invitation to investigate the properties of specific technologies to be liberating... not to mention a hell of a lot clearer! ... (As a sidenote, McLuhan does take things too far when he insists that the content of media doesn't matter) anotherheideggerblog Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Interview with Ian Bogost]

Love & Death in desert! [TNM]

No comments:

Post a Comment